As parents we are supposed to teach our children. But the reality is that along the way they teach us a few things, too. Today’s Ten Things Tuesday post focuses on what I’ve learned in the past three years as a mommy.
1. If you fall, get back up. This can go way beyond just learning to walk.
2. When you have kids and the house is quiet, they are either sleeping or you better go check on them!
3. If you fail, try, try again. Over and over and over and over… (Maybe Mommy will say “yes” if I ask just one more time…)
4. A hug can make everything better. If not everything, it certainly makes things seem at least a little brighter.
5. It’s important to apologize. This especially goes for if you’ve hurt someone in any way.
6. Time out never hurt anyone. In fact, sometimes it turns the day around. (Please, someone, send me to time out for a half hour or so…)
7. Getting fun can be messy, and that’s okay. (But I still think all kids’ markers should at least be washable…)
8. The world is a big, wonderful place to explore. But don’t forget to take time to notice all the little things, too.
9. We all make mistakes. Learning from them is what matters.
10. When you step out into the world on your own, it is nice to have someone to come back to and share your discoveries with.
What have your kids taught you lately?