Fall means that the days are shorter and the temperatures start dropping.
It’s the perfect time of year for homemade soup and delicious chili recipes.
This week I introduced the family to one of my favorites with this simple white chicken chili recipe.
This white chili is perfect on a chilly day. For more quick dinner ideas, check out these 30 minute dinner ideas.
White Chicken Chili Recipe
Affiliate links have been used below. See my full disclosure for more information.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 32 oz. box of chicken broth
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground corriander
- 6 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 (15.5 oz.) cans of cooked white beans (I used Cannellin, Great Northern, and even a cup of Pinto beans, which aren’t really white.)
Pour the chicken broth into your Dutch oven or large pot. Add chicken breasts, onion and garlic and bring to slow boil.
Cook chicken until no longer pink. Then remove chicken breasts and cut them into bite sized pieces. Return chicken to the pot.
Mash 1 cup of beans to a smooth consistency and add them to the chili.
Add the remaining beans and all spices. If you like your chili thinner, add water.
Stir well and simmer at least 10-15 minutes.
Serve white chicken chili with fresh slices of lime and tortilla chips.
You may also enjoy:
- Simple Salmon Patties Recipe
- Breakfast Burrito Bar — perfect for holiday breakfasts
- Cheesy Enchilada Burrito