As promised months ago, I found my husband’s homemade brownie recipe and I’m ready to share! (It took a while to find where it was…) Anyway, he got it out and made a batch this week – delish! They always disappear way too quickly!
World’s Best Brownie Recipe:
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 oz. semi-sweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter (I’m told that, yes, it has to be butter, not margarine.)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 shot of rum (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in saucepan.
3. Stir in sugars, eggs, flour, salt, vanilla, and rum.
4. Spread batter into a greased 8 or 9 inch square pan.
5. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
6. Cool 30 minutes before slicing.
The rum makes it really good… But since the kids often eat them now, too, he has been leaving it out and adding in a handful of chocolate chips. A pretty yummy alternative!
Go on, make a batch! You’ll be glad you did!
*My husband asked me to add that he did not create this recipe himself. He found it online, and unfortunately does not remember which recipe site it came from. If you stumble upon it on a major recipe site, let me know and I’ll add its origin to my post! Thanks!